We want to create a way for allies to respond to ICE raids in our neighborhoods in real time. When ICE targets someone in our community, we will respond, document, and identify areas where support is needed to connect to services. Our work will ensure no more ICE raids will be conducted in the dark.
A First Responder’ legal observation can help stop a detention, deportation, and family separation; can help in the legal case if someone is detained; and with community self-defense efforts, can help with legislative advocacy.
Community members will have access to a rapid response hotline from 5am-8pm. During a raid/ICE sighting first responder are dispatched to the scene to verify, document, film, and be a presence for the family.
1. Verify the raid: First Responders play a vital role in verifying raids and ICE sightings to prevent the spread of false rumors that create fear in the community.
2. Film, document and provide support to impacted community members during or after immigration enforcement.
3. Moral and legal observers: First Responders document what’s happening during the raid, gather information to support the legal team, and expose ICE malpractices and abuses with media.
4. Connect the community to legal resources and provide accompaniment support to court and immigration check-ins.
5. Connect to our movement: By having our allies and those directly impacted by ICE raids work together, we will build a stronger movement for immigrant rights in our community.